Data from Monster found the number of new job postings increased 12% month-over-month in September.
Job postings for retail positions, including sales clerks and managers, rose 10% month-over-month in September following a 14% monthly increase in August.
Monster also reported a 6% increase in ads for healthcare jobs. Positions included registered nurses, personal care aides, lab technicians and more.
In addition, the job board operator tracked 11 jobs that have demonstrated consistent growth from June to August of this year and are predicted to have the best opportunities through the end of the year. Along with their median annual salary, they are:
- Barber/cosmetologist/hair stylist, $35,000
- Insurance underwriter, $71,000
- Laboratory technician, $33,000
- Loan processor, $39,000
- Medical biller, $32,000
- Personal care aide, $37,000
- Pet care worker, $32,000
- Quality inspector, $35,000
- Registered nurse, $68,000
- Warehouse worker, $23,000
- Web developer, $92,000