The technological landscape is constantly changing and accelerating. Today if you want to succeed in business, you’ve got to adapt technology. Virtual reality and augmented reality are some of the emerging technologies that have the potential to change the way of working. VR, AR, and AI are enhancing the skills of HR professionals to hire, train, and build their teams.
Utilizing AR and VR technology in the recruitment process can lead you to a more engaging and immersive experience. This can also give your organization an edge over the competition.
Now the question here is, how do AR and VR enhance the recruitment process?
- Streamline Recruitment: With the rising competition in the market, recruitment is becoming a complex landscape for recruiters. To simplify this, recruiters need new tools to give them an edge over their competitors. Cutting edge technologies like AR and VR are making a real difference in streamlining the process. These technologies help recruiters to identify the perfect fit for the organization by analyzing their sense of making a decision and assessing their capabilities on the spot. With these, recruiters can do smart screening as well.
- Use of Gamification: The purpose of gamification in recruitment helps you to move from the traditional methods of hiring. Gamification is the best combination of VR, AR, and AI. If you want to attract the top Gen Z candidates, you must take one step ahead from those boring aptitude test. Gamification is a simulation tool that helps you to find the perfect fit. For example, you are recruiting for the construction field: By providing a VR environment, you can give the candidate a set amount of time to design. From here, recruiters can assess the capability of the applicant by putting them into a real-life situation and can observe their reaction. While on the other hand, for applicants, it provides a sense of entertainment in the tiresome process of recruitment. However, choosing the gamification method is very close to a real-life representation of the workplace and job role.
- Virtual Workplace Tours: The big attraction for today’s generation is the facilities provided by the organization to its employees. A virtual tour of the workplace is all about getting familiar with the environment the candidate would be working in. With the help of recording or sharing the Virtual introduction of the organization like the infrastructure of the organization, taking other employee’s interviews, asking their experience in the organization, the HR professionals to attract the top talent. Such kind of activities is the best way to attract the Gen Z. Trust this will work, and this will also generate a strong brand reputation for delivering what candidates expect.
- Training and Development: AR and VR can also help in training the new candidates. With AR and VR’s ability to create an immersive environment, an individual can experience the real-world. Trainers can use AR and VR to develop coping mechanisms among candidates by putting them in high-pressure situations. Applying real-life theoretical lessons in their training module helps them in enhancing their strategies to improve their abilities and personal skills.
- Onboarding: We all are aware that at the time of induction, every new employee must experience the best onboarding. This can be achieved by adopting VR in the induction process. New employees can experience the policies of the organization virtually. With this, they can deeply explore and experience the values, ethics, and culture of the organization instead of going through boring printed induction booklets.
In a nutshell, the future of recruitment looks very bright with AR and VR. These are the most common use cases of how AR and VR are impacting the recruitment world.